1.Write down the 10 new words. If you write down words, make sure you remember them better.
2. Create 10 sentences with the 10 new words (use Google if necessary). Making a sentence helps you to think in which context these words can best be used.
3. Make it a habit to do this daily. Learning works best if you have a system for it. By repeating this every day, learning will take you a lot easier.
4. Make use of all the apps that are available. Each app will have a different way of learning. If you practice with different apps, you will find out how you learn the best English.
5. Actively use the language. The more attention you pay to learn, the better it will go. Try to actively involve the language in every aspect of your life.
6. Talk to yourself in English in the mirror (I mean it!). It may sound strange to talk to yourself in the mirror, but this helps to get used to seeing yourself and hearing yourself speak English.
7. Dare to make mistakes. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, because precisely by going into the fog a few times you also know how not to do it.
8. Write in English. Practice makes perfect! Write your to-do list or your shopping list once in English.
9. Watch English-language videos on YouTube. There are so many different videos on Youtube that there is always something you are interested in. Find it and start your day with five minutes of an English video. You can Also Use Spoken English classes for kids .
10. Play Wordfeud in English. In this way, you learn more and more English words in a fun way. Getting a high score in the English version of Wordfeud is a whole new challenge, try it!
11. Read the instructions for a new purchase in English first. Almost every manual contains an English explanation. Read this first, and then check with the Dutch version if you understood the text correctly.
12. Learn the irregular verbs really by heart. It’s a bit of a stomp, but then they’re also good in your head and after that, you never have to worry about the correct use of the verb.
13. Write down the 10 new words. If you write down words, make sure you remember them better.
14. Create 10 sentences with the 10 new words (use Google if necessary). Making a sentence helps you to think in which context these words can best be used.
15. Come up with a story in English. Think and write in English and search for the best English expressions.
16. Listen consciously to English music. Focus on the lyrics of a song instead of on the music, for example by looking up the lyrics of a song on YouTube. This way you can improve your English while you are busy with something you like!
17. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Repetition is key!
18. Think in English. It is just a switch, but when you start to think yourself in English you are automatically more involved with the language and you are constantly looking for the right English words and descriptions. That, of course, helps tremendously in improving your English!
19. Listen to a text and write it out. In this way, you are not only actively listening to the foreign language, but also writing it. This way you are actively improving your English.
20. Book your holiday via an English language website. By engaging English not only in standard situations but also during this type of activity, the use of English will become more and more normal.
21. Listen in the car to an audiobook instead of music. Focussing on the English text goes a little easier when listening to an audiobook while listening to a song, where you can be distracted by the music around the text.
22. Use the spell checker on your computer. The computer offers you a spelling checker completely free of charge so that you can recognize your own errors and immediately have the right solution in mind.
23. Find words you do not know (do not assume that you know the meaning). By looking for a word right when you do not know it, you learn to improve your English skills step by step.
24. Use examination texts to practice reading comprehension. Examination texts are made to test the most important reading skills and are therefore extremely suitable for improving your English.
25. Read Aloud. If you speak the text you read aloud, you become more aware of what exactly is in a text and how it is described.
26. Immerse yourself in culture. The culture of a country teaches you a lot about expressions, language situations and courtesies. You do not learn these things by focusing solely on the language. you do not learn by just focusing on the language.
27. Create recipes from English-language websites. Improving your English will be fun if you use it actively for the most everyday things, such as cooking.
28. Keep in mind why you want to learn/improve the language. If you have clear goals, it is easier to keep your motivation. Write down your goals clearly, so that you are always reminded where learning leads.
29. Take a rest once in a while. It is good to immerse yourself in the English language, but also keep it fun for yourself by taking some rest once in a while.
30. Integrate the language into every part of your life. English is not only used to order a sandwich at the bakery or send an e-mail to the shop. You also need to save yourself abroad if your tire is leaking or if you have lost keys. Try to involve English in every situation.
31. Keep it nice and do not take yourself too seriously. Make sure that you do not see learning the English language as an obligation, but as something, you want to do yourself. Remember your goals and keep it fun, then you also develop yourself the fastest!
32. Do exercises online. The internet is full of courses, games and exercises so that you can actively improve your English.
33. Create your own word list. It can consist of words that you can not remember, words with multiple meanings, new expressions or simply your favourite words.
34. Ensure sufficient variation. If you’re just pounding words or just learning grammar rules, learning English becomes dull. Alternate different aspects of the language.
35. Find an online pen friend (in). Several sites on the internet offer you to get in touch with people around the world via the internet, with whom you can communicate in English. Examples of such sites are http://www.cedarwood.co.in/
36. Agree to call or skype once in a while with your friend or relative abroad – in English, of course!
37. Listen to English radio. This allows you to completely surround yourself with the English language. Besides English music, you will also hear news and commercials in English.
38. Translate pieces of text. Take the occasional time to translate short pieces of text into English: a song, a poem or a short story.
39. Set the language of your devices to English. For example, via ‘Settings’ you can change the language of your phone to
English. You will be amazed at how many new words you come across.
40. Reward yourself. This is a fun way to monitor your progress or motivate yourself to reach your goal.
41. Look for international meeting places in your area. There is probably an Irish pub in your neighbourhood where many English speakers come. Join such a group and practice an evening of English skills while enjoying a snack or drink.
42. Be patient. You will not become a native speaker of English from one day to the next. Realize that it is a process where you have to grow.
43. The most important thing: keep full! Because only by sustaining will you achieve the goals!